An International Parent Education Group
As parents, we want the best for our kids. We want them to be independent, strong, and resourceful. But parenting is hardly a walk in the park. One day your kid behaves like the perfect angel, and the next day he is out and about throwing tantrums and screaming. This can leave even the calmest parent, angry, tired, confused, and really overwhelmed. We believe that an informed parent is better able to raise a healthy child. These workshops are conducted live on-site at your school and other selected locations.
Here is a short list of our parent workshop topics that provide parents with some insights and fresh perspectives, and allow them to make subtle changes in their day-to-day interactions with the child.
Understanding Child Development
As your child grows, there are a number of biological, psychological, and emotional changes that parents have difficulty dealing with. Parents can monitor their child’s development by how she or he plays, learns, speaks, and acts. As a parent, you play a huge role in the child’s emotional, mental, behavioral, and physical development. These workshop topics can help parents understand the key milestones in child development.
- Understanding Brain Development
- Cognitive Development
- Meeting Your Infant’s Developmental Needs
- How to Guide and Nurture Healthy Emotional Development
- Making Sense of Your Child’s Temperament
- Raising Creative Thinkers
- Developing Life Skills in our Children
- Developing Child’s Intelligence
- Transmitting Values to Children
- Building Self-Esteem
- How Parents Can Encourage Problem-solving
Topics Related to Discipline
Discipline is certainly a sore topic for most parents. Even the most well-meaning parent can lose his/her cool when the child tries to test his/her parent’s limits. Unfortunately, there is no “quick-fix” way of dealing with indiscipline and tantrums. The parenting workshops related to discipline help parents understand the reason for their child’s behavior. These workshops explain how to deal with such behavior without punishing or screaming at the child.
- Understanding and Dealing with Challenging Behavior
- Understanding Toddlers and Those Terrific Twos
- Aggression in Children
- Taming Toddler Tantrums
- Dealing with Sibling Rivalry
- Dealing with a Biting Toddler
- Potty-Training Woes
- Power Struggles and Setting Boundaries
- Praising Children
- Modifying Your Child’s Behavior
- Dealing with the Terrible Teens
Student and Education Problems
Choosing the perfect school, dealing with homework hassles, motivating children, procrastination, there are so many issues that crop up once your child starts school. These topics on parenting will help parents deal with simple student problems that their child may face, and allow them to become active and effective partners in their child’s education.
- Judging School Readiness Through Play
- Developing Literacy in Children
- Preparing Children for Kindergarten
- Choosing the Right School for Your Child
- Reading with Children
- Academic Motivation
- Managing Homework Problems
- How to Learn through Play
- Improving Parent-Teacher Communication
Parent – Child Communication
It is important for parents to understand the value of communication between them and their children. Most parents complain that their children just do not listen. However, have you ever taken a step back and wondered why. This could be due to ineffective communication strategies. So, even if you tell your child the same thing a thousand times, he/she would probably not respond to it. The workshop topics that deal with communication issues allow parents to replace ineffective communication strategies with ones that are reflective, empathic, and effective.
- Learning to Communicate with Your Child
- Enhancing Communication with Your Child Through Sign Language
- Communicating with Your Partner
- Tackling Sensitive Questions (about death, divorce, sexuality, etc.)
Other Common Parent Workshop Topics
- Common Childhood Fears and Separation Anxiety
- Introducing a New Baby
- TV and Technology
- Promoting Honesty in Children
- Teaching Children to Manage Money
- Teaching Personal Safety
- Getting Your Child to Eat Healthy Food
These parent workshop topics are useful for anyone raising children; be it parents, grandparents, stepparents, and foster parents. There are new workshops being presented on a regular basis. We are happy to present these workshops at your school for your parents and/or invite your parents to our offsite workshop events. In addition, “Parent Handbook” is our regular Wechat parent group that welcomes international and local parents.
“Parent Handbook” WeChat articles and live face-to-face workshops help parents understand and deal with simple parenting issues. Whether it is potty-training your child or talking to children about sex, these parenting workshops empower parents to make the best choices for their child and family. They help parents deal with difficult parenting situations, and allow them to create a family life that they truly want.
Follow our WeChat Official Account to access all our past, present and future articles. Follow our official account: ZHL Consulting